Everyone is hereby permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies of this license.
1. You may use, reproduce, and distribute verbatim copies of the Program source code provided that You retain and reproduce intact all of the copyright notices, references to this license, notices of absence of any warranty, and disclaimers; give any other recipients of the Program a copy of this License along with the Program.
2. You may modify Your copy or copies of the Program or any portion therof and copy and distribute Your modifications under the terms of Section 1, provided that:
a) You must include a prominent notice in the modified files stating that you changed the files and the date of the changes
b) You must make Source Code of changes that you distribute publicly available under the terms of this license.
3. You may copy and distribute the Program or a modified version of the Program in object code or executable form under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 provided that:
a) You accompany it with the complete corresponding machine readable source code distributed under the terms of Section 1 and 2 above; OR
b) You include a prominent notice in the code itself, the executable form of the code, and the related documentation, stating that the source code is available under the terms of this License with information on how and where to obtain the source code of the Program.
4. You may only copy, modify, sublicense, or distribute the Program as expressly provided by this License. Any attempt to copy, modify, sublicense, or distribute the Program in a manner not expressly provided by this License is void and will automatically terminate Your rights under this License. However, parties who have received copies of the Program from You but remain in compliance with this License will not have their licenses terminated.
5. You are not required to accept the terms of this License. However, by downloading, using, modifying, or distributing the Program, You acknowledge that you have read this License Agreement, that you understand it, and that you agree to be bound by its terms.
6. Any recipient of the Program from You automatically receives a license from the original licensor to copy, modify, or distribute the Program subject to these terms and conditions. You may not impose additional restrictions on the recipient's rights granted herein.
7. If any part of this License is found invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remainder of this License shall be interpreted so as to reasonably effect the intentions of the parties. If you cannot distribute the Program so as to satisfy the terms of this License, then You may not distribute the Program at all.
8. The Author of this License may publish revised and/or new versions of the License from time to time. Each new version will be given a distinguishing version number. Once a version of the Program has been published under a particular version of the License, You can continue to use the Program under that version of the License or You may choose to use the Program under the terms of any subsequent version of the License published by the Author.
10. If you wish to incorporate parts of the Program into other free programs whose distribution conditions differ from this License, contact the Author to ask for permission. ALL distributions of the Program require copmpliance with Sections 11, 12, 13, and 14 below.
11. The PROGRAM, and/or any modified version thereof, shall not, in any manner, be offered for sale to the U.S. Government, without the written consent of the U.S. Government. The U.S. Government shall not pay a second time for the PROGRAM or any enhanced/modified version therof. The PROGRAM may be used in contract with the U.S. Government, but no charge may be made for its use. If the PROGRAM is modified using or enhanced using U.S. Government funds, the Government will be provided the complete source code of that modified/enhanced version and the intellectual property rights of the resulting modification/enhancement shall be controlled by such funding agreement.
12. THE AUTHOR AND NASA MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE PROGRAM AND EXTENDS NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY THAT THE PROGRAM WILL CONFORM TO SPECIFICATIONS, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ANY WARRANTY THAT THE DOCUMENTATION WILL CONFORM TO THE PROGRAM, AND ANY WARRANTY THAT THE PROGRAM WILL BE ERROR-FREE, WHETHER OR NOT THE ERROR IS DISCOVERABLE, AND ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO USE, SALE, OR OTHER DISPOSITION BY UNDERSIGNED OR ITS VENDEES OR OTHER TRANSFEREES OF PRODUCTS INCORPORATING OR MADE BY THE USE OF PROGRAM OR INFORMATION, IF ANY, FURNISHED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT. NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE CONSTRUED AS A REPRESENTATION MADE OR WARRANTY GIVEN BY NASA OR THE AUTHOR THAT THE PRACTICE BY UNDERSIGNED OF THE USE GRANTED HEREUNDER SHALL NOT INFRINGE THE COPYRIGHT OR PATENT RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL NASA OR THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF, RESULTING FROM, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THE PROGRAM, WHETHER OR NOT BASED UPON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER OR NOT INJURY WAS ECONOMIC, LOST PROFITS OR SUSTAINED BY PERSONS OR PROPERTY OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER OR NOT DAMAGES ARE BASED ON A THIRD PARTY CLAIM, WHETHER OR NOT LOSS WAS SUSTAINED FROM, OR AROSE OUT OF, THE RESULTS OR USE OF THE PROGRAM, AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER NASA OR THE AUTHOR SHALL BE ADVISED, SHALL HAVE OTHER REASON TO KNOW, OR IN FACT SHALL KNOW OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THE FOREGOING.
13. UNDERSIGNED SHALL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD THE AUTHOR, THE U.S. GOVERNMENT AND ITS OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES, HARMLESS AGAINST ALL CLAIMS, PROCEEDINGS, LIABILITIES, DEMANDS, DAMAGES, EXPENSES, OR LOSSES, INCLUDING LEGAL EXPENSES AND ATTORNEY'S FEES, ARISING (1) OUT OF THE USE BY UNDERSIGNED OR ITS TRANSFEREES OF THE PROGRAM OR ANY TECHNICAL DATA DERIVED FROM THE USE OF THE PROGRAM OR (2) OUT OF ANY USE, SALE, LEASE, OR OTHER DISPOSITION BY UNDERSIGNED OR ITS TRANFEREES OF PRODUCTS MADE BY USE OF SUCH PROGRAM OR TECHNICAL DATA DERIVED FROM USE OF THE PROGRAM.
14. The conditions imposed by this Agreement shall also apply to any software developed by UNDERSIGNED that incorporates any portion of the PROGRAM SOURCE CODE.
This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding and agreement between the parties hereto relating to release of the Program and may not be superseeded, modified, or ammended except by further written agreement duly executed by the parties.
Copyright ©2001 Joseph H. Morrison